Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sleep talker. Sleep walker?

I've heard that sometimes it takes getting used to sleeping next to someone, etc. after getting married. After Jocelyn got married, her husband told us about one night when he woke up without any covers. Jocelyn had them all, so he tried to take some back. Jocelyn grabbed the covers from him saying, "That's mine, you jerk!" Needless to say, I did expect that Jack and I would have an adjustment period.

When I get ready for bed, I brush my teeth, put on my pajamas, pray, etc. Then I go to bed. When I wake up in the morning, I head to the bathroom and hop in the shower to get ready for the day. Of course, before getting in the shower I take off my pajamas (I wouldn't want them to get all wet.) I would assume this routine to be pretty much the same for most people and up 'til now it seems to have been so for Jack.

(This story is about Jack and it's probably not what you're thinking if you're thinking that he took a shower with his pajamas on.) Last night I woke up to roll over in the middle of the night and cuddled up to Jack to discover that he was undressed. So, I asked, "Why are you naked?" (He always sleeps in pajamas, you know.) He answered, "Sometimes I'm naked." And that was that. So, when the alarm went off in the morning, Jack woke up and said, "Why am I undressed?" I laughed and told him about the conversation we'd had during the night. Jack laughed and said, "I must have been asleep!" He didn't remember any of it, despite how he lost his clothes. ...At least there was no name calling. ; )

6 comments:

Jocelyn Robertson said...

Ha! I love this story! What a logical response: "Sometimes I'm naked." Glad to hear there's no name calling.

Heather said...

So funny! I have had these conversations with my hubby all the time, but I have to admit, the best laughter comes when we are surviving on little sleep due to having a new baby in the house. I remember one time, when our youngest was born, I asked him to get up and get the baby, which was sleeping at the end of our bed. He got up and left the room, leaving me to try to think about what I said. He comes back a few moments later and tells me "Emma is sleeping fine" (which is our oldest. I say again "Get the baby please, and he said yeah no problem, and climbs in bed. I am sure he was still sleeping while this whole thing unfolded! Just you wait... It will get funnier as your married longer:)

CtrlAltJack said...

In my defense, it's not like I had nothing on at all. I was wearing my wedding ring and, apparently, a bookmark. In the middle of the night, Tamara found a bookmark stuck to my back. It's now back in the book where it belongs.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

thats pretty funny....did you see your pictures on my blog? still working on the rest.

sjmiller said...

He he, welcome to the married world! I can't tell you how many of these moments we have had!

Beamza said...

That's hilarious!

By the way, congratulations!!!

As it turns out, communication is one of my family's weakest links (as you might have noticed, since you haven't heard from me in who knows how long!)

Fortunately, a friend of mine linked to Jaleen's blog who linked to Amy's blog who linked to yours :)

-another Amy from the old EC 5th ward :)