Monday, August 4, 2008

Fiddle Fest




What a fun weekend! Jack and I went up to join Grandpa Slim, Aunt Deanne, and Uncle Clyde at a Fiddle Fest Camp. It was actually the Arizona Old Time Fiddlers Association. G'pa Slim and Jack played quite a few on their guitars and we had a fiddler, a mandolin player, and even an acordian player join in. The grand daughter of the mandolinist was learning fiddle. She was cute. After breaking camp on Sunday morning, we followed Slim home to Camp Verde and I got to meet his wife, Angie, and see his beautiful jewelry (Slim hand crafts jewelry in his own shop out back of the house). Slim made us a yummy breakfast of bisquits and gravy. Yum,yum.

4 comments:

CtrlAltJack said...

It had been a long time since I'd had Grandpa's biscuits and gravy, and in the meantime I learned to make them myself. I put a lot more meat into the gravy than he does. It's like a completely different food almost.

Jocelyn Robertson said...

Mmm. Biscuits and gravy. I'm not very good at making biscuits. They always end up very heavy. I'd love to have a lesson sometime, Jack.

Janet said...

Yum! I love biscuits and gravy. I'll take a sample anytime.

Tamara Robertson Turner said...

Maybe we ought to ask Jack to make biscuits and gravy sometime next week. : )