Saturday, January 3, 2009

Allergic!

Sometimes when I get anxious, stressed, or just hot, I get itchy and break out in a mild case of hives. It doesn't usually happen very often and has been happening for several years. So, it's really no big deal now. I can either take benedryl or not, but either way, I just have to wait for it to go away.
With school in full blown session, I've been having more of these episodes. I've been teasing Jack that it's him that I'm allergic to. We went out to lunch with his grandma and I showed her my hives. When she asked what caused it, I told her, "I'm allergic to Jack." : )
The other night when I was getting ready for bed, I got itchy and had a few hives around my knee. I told Jack, "See, I'm just allergic to you." He laughed as usual and then a few minutes later said, "Wait a minute! I haven't even touched you." This whole time he didn't know I was joking and actually thought that maybe he was causing my hives. I felt bad about the miscommunication and we laughed pretty hard.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Poor Jack! But sorry about your hives, Tamara! They are so itchy! So now, add on to your very busy schedule yoga and other relaxation techniques (which will just make you feel more stress because you aren't getting the 101 things on your list done). Well, here's a better suggestion - read a funny joke everyday that makes you laugh hard! That is supposed to do wonders for stress.

Grammyzanne said...

love laughter - much easier than exercise. For a good laugh you must access the Perfect Mess blog listed on Jared's blog. She has a sideline with quotes from her kindergarteners at the same school Timothy goes to. The latest sidebar posting is a real lol. (Megan is a "neice-in-law")