Friday, April 3, 2009

My Mom

Reasons I'm Thankful
for My Mom:
  • She instilled Independence in me.
  • She encouraged me to explore a variety of interests.
  • She encouraged my sense of adventure.
  • She helped me to develop qualities and personality attributes that make me who I am.
  • She taught me the gospel and to love the scripture stories.
  • She encouraged me to learn to sing Alto and helped me find my part in church.
  • She taught me to brainstorm.
  • She taught me to research.
  • She taught me how to write a paper.
  • She helped me find the perfect career (which has been a blessing in many ways).
  • She encouraged me to do my best (despite my being okay with "B"s).
  • She continues to provide the emotional support that I need.

I was working on my academic portfolio (school assignment) on the plane today and had to write about my values and how I chose occupational therapy. It made me reflect on all the great things my mom has done for me.

7 comments:

Joanne said...

Wow, what a nice blog to open this evening! Glad that I've been a positive influence in your life - moms always want to do so! And how fun it was to be your mom! Always an adventure awaiting with Tamara! Love you!

Tamara Robertson Turner said...

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing you all tonight! : )

Jocelyn Robertson said...

Excellent blog post! My sentiments exactly. What a wondeful mother we are blessed with.

Austin's Mommy said...

Y'all are so nice I'm actually getting a little choked up.

Michael said...

I'm getting choked up too.

sjmiller said...

Add me to the ones that are getting choked up! I remember when you were working on the Alto stuff. You worked so hard, and I completely admired you for it! (I still do, since I am very bad at being able to pick it all out without completely getting lost.) What a sweet tribute to your mom!

Vicki said...

Tamara -
What a beautiful tribute to your mom, one of my favorite people!