Sunday, October 10, 2010

Elder Uchtdorf’s Challenge

Martha-Mary-JesusJack and I sat down tonight to listen to Elder Uchtdorf’s talk: Of Things That Matter Most.  He talked about simplifying our lives as we turn our ways to the ways of the Lord.  Pheww!  I think that is my lifetime struggle.  It really is so easy to be busy.  If I cut everything out that’s on my calendar, I have lists of things waiting that could fill it right back up!  Sooooo… it’s my challenge for the next 6 months to seek a better balance in choosing the better part and refocusing on what matters most.

3 comments:

CtrlAltJack said...

I really like that picture and it's such a poignant story. I've always identified more with Mary, but lately I've been a lot more like Martha. I'm getting a lot better at getting things done, but I need to also just let a few things go, I guess.

Jocelyn the elder said...

This truly is a difficult balance to attain--most of us never really do. Mostly be aware and evaluate along the way.

Joanne said...

Hindsight gives us better insight and hopefully we will eventually learn to focus on what's most important, eternally. I may need to live a very long time.