Monday, October 4, 2010

Saving Money, One Hair at a Time

    IMG_0420I don’t really enjoy getting my hair cut, and I like paying for a haircut even less. Every time I go, I think about how Jack cuts his own hair and how he’s so willing to take new risks. Today, I did more than think about it- I had Jack do my hair cut.

    I tried really hard to not give any negative feedback in the process because I was determined to be happy with my haircut no matter how it turned out. Like Jack said, in the worst case scenario we can just go pay for a haircut after all. I ended up doing some of the front of the haircut myself, and I’m about as pleased with the results as I normally am with any haircut. I was even able to keep a bit of A-line.

    Right now, I’m actually window shopping online while Jack writes my blog post for me.

4 comments:

Joanne said...

Looks good. I don't think you'll have to try and glue any hair back on! Good job Jack.

Grammyzanne said...

I am bothered that I have to pay for my haircuts and Richard gets his haircuts for free - by me. BUT don't know that I'd really want him to cut my hair. Of course his efforts couldn't be any worse than some of the "professional" cuts I've endured.

CtrlAltJack said...

@Grammyzanne Those "professional" cuts are part of why I started cutting my own hair in the first place. One barber even tried to blame her mistakes on scars, as if I didn't know that I have no scars on my scalp.
I sure did believe in the professionals though when I was little. I would cry and cry when Mom cut my hair because I would itch so much, but I was an angel for the barber.

Jocelyn the elder said...

Gordon hated to go to the barber and asked me to cut his hair. This proved dangerous to our marriage. Next he had YOUNG daughters cut his hair. I couldn't convince Eileen to not say "OH,OH!" when she made a mistake.
One day he wanted a lunch time cut. Eileen was a little late returning to class (5th or 6th grade) Her teacher hestitated to accept she was late because she was cutting her father's hair.
G'ma C