Sunday, October 3, 2010

Get Together

IMG_0414 - CopyIMG_0417

                    Melissa was in town for an extended weekend in honor of Max’s birthday.  Grammy, Melissa, and Maile came over for family dinner tonight.  It was nice to get together and hang out.

 

Melissa also brought my finished Americana quilt.  (Doesn’t it look great!)  I had pieced the top together (with Andrea’s help on the layout and fabric choices) over the summer when I spent a long weekend in Henderson and Melissa offered to quilt it with her long arm quilt.  She used red white and blue variegated thread and even quilted stars into the pattern.  Pretty cool.  (I don’t have a separate family room from living room yet, but someday when I do, I want to theme the Family Room in reds, whites and blues.)

2 comments:

Janet said...

It does look great!

Joanne said...

What a fun quilt. Great idea to have a family room in red, white and blue!